Before You Begin
Please plan out your time to ensure you are able to complete all components of the application. ALL MATERIAL ARE DUE BY NOVEMBER 1, 2012.
- Please review eligibility guidelines and research the Junior Summer Institutes.
- Review the materials you will need to have ready in order to begin your application.
- Have the names and contact information for the two people who will be providing letters of recommendation. You will include this
information in your initial application form so that we can send an email to these individuals with instructions for submitting
Starting Your Application
Once you have gathered all of the materials that you will need, you are ready to start your application.
Completing Your Application
- When you click "Start my application" you will be presented with an initial application form that will collect important data
about you, your academic record, and your financial information.
- Complete all the fields on the form as accurately as possible. Once you submit this form you will be unable to make changes
- On this form you will also submit the names and email addresses of the recommenders you are selecting and our system will
prompt them to complete the recommendation process online. You will be able to see when they have submitted their letter but we
recommend that you stay in close contact with these individuals to ensure they submit them by November 5.
- Carefully review your application form before submitting it, including the order in which you ranked your JSI preferences.
- Submit your application form.
Note: You will only be permitted to complete one initial application form to start the application process. You will need to
complete it in one sitting so it is very important to make sure that you have all of the information you will need to enter on
After submitting the initial application form, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to your personal Application
Dashboard where you will track your progress in completing the application process and upload all supplemental materials. If you
do not receive this email within 24 hours of submitting your initial form, please check your email Spam folder. If it is not there,
please contact the PPIA National Office and our staff will work with you to ensure that you have access.