The Public Policy and International Affairs (PPIA) Program offers unpaid internships in the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms. Internships are open to undergraduate Juniors and Seniors and graduate students. These internships are an excellent opportunity to gain substantial professional experience, engage with prominent leaders from across the country, and gain valuable experience with an entrepreneurial, mission-driven organization.
Ideal candidates will be motivated self-starters with strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. We expect interns to be available to work at least 10 hours/week but we are willing to be flexible with how these hours are divided.
Summer 2014 – No longer accepting applications
National Office Intern
Strong candidates for this position will have outstanding research skills and the ability to synthesize, classify and analyze collected data. This position offers an opportunity to get an inside look at what it takes to develop and manage dynamic programs. We believing supporting our interns in their professional development and are happy to work with students to craft and experience to ensure they gain concrete skills that can be applied in a wide array of professional settings. The National Office Intern will support the National Director to:
- Work with the National Director in the marketing and planning of our annual Public Service Expo at American University;
- Assist in the planning and execution of an alumni reunion event in downtown Washington, DC;
- Support planning activities for fall recruitment for our 2015 programs;
- Maintain and grow program databases to support PPIA’s programs and projects;
- Assist in the development of surveys and evaluations;
- Assist in development and maintenance of website content;
- Support the development and planning of new PPIA programs;
- Research opportunities for grants and new partnerships; and
- Additional projects as needed.
To Apply: Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.