Public Service Weekend – University of Colorado Denver
A Mile High Ascent to Public Service
University of Colorado Denver School of Public Affairs
Thursday, June 7 – Sunday, June 10, 2018
This weekend conference seeks applicants who are currently enrolled or recent graduates of bachelor degree programs who are motivated to lead changes in public policy and administration.
PROGRAMMING AT A GLANCE:
Apply to attend this exciting weekend conference hosted by the University of Colorado Denver’s School of Public Affairs. You will learn and network with prominent local, state and federal officials to prepare for and gain a better understanding of what it means to have a career in public service.
- Panels and Keynote speakers: Innovation, Leadership, Facilitation, and Career Development
- Workshops: How to write effective policy, Constitutional underpinnings of public service, Strategic network leadership
- Social Events: Rockies baseball game, state capitol tour, group meals and social outings to explore Denver
- Keynote Speakers: Elected officials and public policy professionals
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States, a legal permanent resident, or qualify for the DREAM Act.
- Undergraduate sophomores through recent graduates (1 year) at a 2 or 4-year college/university with an interest in the public sector.
- Traditionally underrepresented students are encouraged to apply. All majors are welcome.
Priority Application Deadline: 11:59 pm CST on April 1, 2018
Final Deadline: 11:59 pm CST on May 1, 2018