Public Service Weekend – University of Colorado Denver
Striving For the Peak of Public Service in the Mile High City
University of Colorado Denver School of Public Affairs
Friday, July 28 – Sunday, July 30, 2017
This weekend conference seeks applicants who are currently enrolled in bachelor degree programs and are motivated to lead changes in public policy and administration.
PROGRAMMING AT A GLANCE:
Apply to attend this FREE weekend conference hosted by the University of Colorado Denver’s School of Public Affairs to gain knowledge from prominent local, state and federal officials on how to prepare for and what to expect from a career in public service.
- Panel discussion: What do public service leaders actually do? Tips for developing a successful public service career.
- Workshops: How to write effective policy; Constitutional underpinnings of public service.
- Social events: Speed coaching with city managers; Organized meals, tours, and outings to explore Denver.
- Keynote speakers: Elected officials and public policy professionals.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States, a legal permanent resident, or qualify for the DREAM Act.
- Participants will be undergraduate at a 2- or 4-year college or university, or recent grads (last 2-3 years) with an interest in the public sector.
- Preference will be given to traditionally underrepresented students. All majors are welcome.
Priority Application Deadline: 11:59 pm CST on May 15, 2017
Final Deadline: 11:59 pm CST on June 2, 2017