Benefits & Eligibility
What are the benefits of participation?
- Full tuition at a PPIA Junior Summer Institute.
- Eligibility to receive assistance with travel expenses.
- A stipend of up to $1,500 (funding determined by each JSI).
- University housing with a meal plan.
- Books and related course materials at your JSI.
- Each JSI may offer additional benefits, such as GRE preparation, at their discretion. Please check with each JSI about any additional benefits.
- Minimum of a one-time $5,000 scholarship at a PPIA graduate school if admitted for a Master’s degree. PPIA Fellows often receive financial offers above and beyond this minimum from their graduate program.
- Fee waiver when applying to schools that are members of the PPIA Graduate School Consortium.
Who is eligible?
All prospective PPIA Fellows are expected to dedicate themselves to the traditions and objectives of the PPIA Fellowship Program, have an abiding commitment to public service and contribute to more diverse perspectives in public policy and international affairs. The following are more specific criteria and guidelines:
- If you are a United States citizen or legal permanent resident you are eligible to apply to all JSI programs. International students, who are currently studying at U.S. institutions are eligible to apply, and may be accepted to study at select U.S. institutions. Students with DACA are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants must have an expected graduation date between December 2019 and August 2020.
- Must not have attained a Bachelor’s Degree before start of Junior Summer Institute.
- Must be committed to completing a Master’s Degree in public and/or international affairs at one of the PPIA Consortium graduate schools.
- Must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a professional career associated with public services such as government, nonprofits, humanitarian and international organizations and other related programs.
- Must be interested in contributing to the diversity of perspectives present in the PPIA Fellowship Program.
- Economic need is considered during the review of applications.
- All academic majors are welcome to apply!