Public Service Weekend – Heinz College Washington DC
A Next Generation Conference for Undergraduates
Technology and Societal Change
What Leaders of Tomorrow Need to Know Today
Technological innovations are transforming our communities fast — bringing promise to some but leaving too many far behind. Successful leaders of tomorrow will need to shape policy and develop solutions to address questions like:
- How can technology be used to close the educational achievement gaps?
- What will the workforce look like in the age of automation?
- How can technology be used to make cities smarter?
- Can algorithms discriminate?
- Keynotes and presentations from leading thinkers and practitioners
- Hands-on interactive workshops with Heinz faculty to learn the tools of innovative problem solving
- The opportunity to network with other young public interest leaders in Washington
- Information sessions and the opportunity to meet and network with alumni from public policy and international affairs graduate schools
- A Challenge competition where students work in teams to develop their policy solutions – The top three teams will earn awards of up to $500 per student
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Undergraduate students (rising Juniors and Seniors preferred) living in the DC Metro area this summer or recent graduates not enrolled in graduate school. Whether you live in DC full time or will only be in town for the summer!
Friday, July 21 – Sunday, July 23, 2017
Heinz College Washington, DC (near Union Station)
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm EST on June 23, 2017