The Public Policy and International Affairs Program (PPIA) is a not-for-profit that has been supporting efforts to
increase diversity in public service for over 30 years. PPIA believes that our society is best served by public managers,
policy makers, and community leaders who represent diverse backgrounds and perspectives. To achieve this goal, PPIA has an outreach focus on students from groups who are
underrepresented in leadership positions in government, nonprofits, international organizations and other institutional
settings. Furthermore, international affairs are increasingly mixed with local concerns. Addressing such global issues
make diversity a critical goal in professional public service.
So what is PPIA?
- A fellowship program that provides student training and financial
support for graduate school and facilitates ongoing professional
- A consortium of the top public and international affairs graduate
programs in the nation.
- An outreach program that seeks to educate and inspire young
people of all ages and from all backgrounds about public service.
- An alumni association of approximately 4,000 PPIA Fellows from
all across the nation.
PPIA is proud to be supporting the leaders of tomorrow and you can make a difference too by:
Thank you to PPIA's Institutional Sponsors:
- Spread the word about PPIA to your alma mater, your community, and your colleagues and reach out to future PPIA fellows.
- Tell us about your experience in public service, how PPIA impacted your journey, and how your passions fuel your aspirations.
- Share your ideas and help PPIA make them happen by joining one of our action committees.
- Host a happy hour or other type of social event in your area to connect with local alumni.
- Support the professional development of your fellow alumni by posting internships and job opportunities to the Alumni Google Groups.
- Donate to support PPIA's ongoing activites and expansion.
- Connect PPIA with potential sponsors and donors to help support our current and upcoming projects.